Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendants of James & Ellen FLANNIGAN 1860s

Replies: 1

Looking for descendants of James & Ellen FLANNIGAN 1860s

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 4:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Apr 2012 7:00AM GMT
Surnames: Flannigan, Sullivan, Cook
I've been systematically going through a collection of papers bequeathed to us from my husband's grandmother's belongings. I just ran across a newspaper clipping she saved, announcing the reading of the will of Father Patrick Michael FLANNIGAN who d Chicago 1907. He was pastor of St. Anne's Catholic church there.

The newspaper mentions his brother, Judge Richard C. FLANNIGAN in Marquette (and Norway) MI, as well as an unmarried sister, Mary Agatha (same residence as Richard) and a niece Katie Cook in Iron Mountain MI.

I have started researching the details on this family's line--parents are James and Ellen (Sullivan) Flannigan--and discovered that this Irish immigrant family had several more children than are listed in the newspaper article. I have found a couple online postings of family branches from the younger ones of the priest's siblings, but not much about the many who were older.

I've found the family in the Greenland Township area in the 1860 census (minus the older brother Patrick, who had already left home for the priesthood). Since the will only mentioned 2 brothers and 1 sister, I'd like to find out what happened to the rest of the family. I know the judge and his family were buried in the private Flannigan mausoleum at Holy Cross Cemetery--but I'd like to find the rest of the siblings, too.

I began writing about what I'm finding on this Flannigan line with my April 12, 2012, blog post, and will be continuing the series for several days as I enter the information on my blog about what I'm finding. If you wish to see the entry that includes the family members named in Patrick Flannigan's 1907 will, the news clipping is included in the post at http://afamilytapestry.blogspot.com/2012/04/list-of-those-so...

Even though this line is not related to mine, I would like to connect with anyone researching this line.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jacqi|MA32721... 13 Apr 2012 10:52PM GMT 
thomasker2 28 Aug 2012 11:15AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions