Search for content in message boards

Keblers of Owosso, Shiawassee County Michigan

Replies: 6

Re: Keblers of Owosso, Shiawassee County Michigan

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 4:34AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 22 Oct 2012 8:23AM GMT
Surnames: Kebler, Robertson
Otto Walter Kebler married Helen Marie Robertson. They lived in Owosso Michigan. They had 2 sons: George Robertson Kebler and Richard William Kebler. Otto (1887-1954) Helen (1892-1947) George (1917-1994) Richard (1920-2003) Richard's obituary is easily found online with keywords: Richard Kebler Owosso Mi. It is an interesting read. A WWII and Korea veteren. He was educated at U of M. An engineer. He had a Phd in physics. He went on to earn a degree in law at age 67. He lived in Arizona at the time of his death. The article lists the names of his wife and children and their locations which may be helpful. I was been unable to find any information on George. The family also owned a cottage on Crystal Lake in Beulah Michigan where they frequently weekened with family and friends. ( per several articles in the Argus Press at that time) also several other articles in the Argus mentioning Otto and Helen. I found many with a 'Mr. And Mrs. Otto Kebler' search. ( also a Kebler search of Beulah Mi was helpful) the cottage may still be family owned today as it was mentioned in Richard's obit. (2003) Julius was a barber in Owosso. Theodore owned a billard hall also in Owosso. Otto, Helen and George are all buried at OakHill Cemetary in Owosso. Which appears many Kebler's have been buried including Julius, Ben and Theodore. ( Also Saint Paul's Cemetary.) I am not a family member. My search began with a name on an old prescription bottle found in a basement of an old house purchased by a friend, in hopes of identifying previous owners. It was not until later that I realized I had researched the wrong name by misspelling the name 'Kleiber' (also George R) !! Interesting though that it led me to THIS family who are firmly linked to the very city where in which the house stands.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
docsmom1st 21 Feb 2007 12:26PM GMT 
thomasker2 29 Apr 2007 4:37PM GMT 
Johnkebler 18 Mar 2012 1:46AM GMT 
Cauchois 22 Oct 2012 10:34AM GMT 
stewartstacyl 6 Jan 2013 5:42PM GMT 
stewartstacyl 6 Jan 2013 5:24PM GMT 
Cauchois 21 Mar 2013 1:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic