Search for content in message boards

Timlick, Gardner

Replies: 5

Re: Timlick, Gardner

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jan 2013 8:24AM GMT
Surnames: Timlick, Jones, Barriger
Hi Robin, I came across the postings you have been exchanging with another descendant of Russell Timlick of Tuscola, Michigan. Wasn't sure if you were still working on the family tree or not. This Russell Timlick was married to my Great-Grandmother's sister, born Lizzie Jones. Russell's parents were William & C. Eliza (Barriger) Timlick. And yes, the research shows that he was born in Dundas, Ontario, Canada on 19 July 1880. His siblings are noted in the census records as William Theodore, James Gardner, Carmi, Alice M. and Herbert Jason. Lizzie was the daughter of David B. & Mary Henry Jones, born 5 August 1881 in Tuscola, Michigan. I have seen her name as Elizabeth in some postings at Rootsweb but her birth record reflects her to have been noted as Lizzie. She and Russell were married on 9 March 1904 in Caro, Tuscola, Michigan and can be seen in the census records living in the Tuscola area. Of note, Lizzie was previously married to a Seth Hunt on 14 June 1897. They had two children, Lester and Mable. Lester is seen in only one other census record living with Seth's parents, Eli & Maggie Hunt. Mable died at the age of 2 of Scarlet Fever. Russell and Lizzie are noted in the 1930 census record in Akron, Tuscola, Michigan with their children: Milton C,Russell D,Artie J, Lila Davis (daughter) and her family. Russell passed away in 1938 and is buried in Demorest Cemetery in Tuscola. Lizzie is then noted in the 1940 census in Fairgrove, Tuscola with her son Milton C. and Ardie J. Lizzie passed away in 1957 and is buried alongside her husband. They have two other children born to them who are buried also in Demorest Cemetery (I have memorials for each of them at Find.a.Grave). Their son Russell Dean Timlick passed away on 22 September 1991 while in Seattle, Washington - his wife is noted as Colleen Nina Bailey. I haven't had the chance to research them further. According to my research, Milton C. passed away in Sept. 1983 while in Bay county, Michigan. Incidentally, Lizzie had a sister named Lula who married the brother of Russell, Herbert. And to make things even more convoluted, Lizzie and Lula's father, David Bernat Jones would later marry the Timlick mom ~ C. Eliza Timlick! Can you see why my research gets more complicated the more I work on it?? I do hope this helps and has not confused anyone further. Lizzie's sister, Lottie Viola Jones was my Great-Grandmother. Researching her siblings and parents has lead me to trying to find all I can about each of them. Finding other descendants along the way is like 'icing on the cake' for me in this journey. You may contact me at my personal e-mail if you prefer: vindork@yahoo.com. Warmly, Helen Pickens Murphy, Nashville, Tennessee
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
robinmdt 26 Jun 2001 1:34PM GMT 
belinda 7 Nov 2002 9:49AM GMT 
Robin Mundt 7 Nov 2002 5:37PM GMT 
belinda 7 Nov 2002 6:54PM GMT 
Robin Mundt 8 Nov 2002 4:10AM GMT 
vindork 17 Jan 2013 11:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions