Search for content in message boards

Stephensons of Nankin (and associated families)

Replies: 3

Stephensons of Nankin (and associated families)

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 6:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jan 2013 5:55AM GMT
Surnames: Stephenson, Potter, Ingram, Rhead, Parrish, Benton, Lothrop
I have been researching my birth father's family. Since I never met anyone from this side of the family, I find myself running into quite a few stumbling blocks.

I have determined that my paternal grandmother was Maxine Pauline Stephenson, she was the daughter of George and Clara ( Potter) Stephenson.

I have figured out quite a few generations past that;

George's parents were Eugene and Rhoda (Ingram).

Eugene's parents were George W and Harriet (Rhead).

George W's parents were John A and Atridge (Parrish).

John's parents were Calvin Jr and Lucy M (Benton)

Now the stumbling blocks:

George (Maxine's father) was born around 1886 in Nankin, I have traced him from Nankin, to Flint, to Bloomfield, to Pontiac and finally Birmingham where he disappears in 1944. I cannot find when/where he passed away. Oakland county has no record of his death.

Eugene was born around 1856 in Nankin, I traced him to Southfield in 1910 after which he disappears as well. I cannot find where/when he passed away. Oakland county has no record of his death.

Eugene's wife Rhoda Ingram is a complete mystery, I can't find any proof of her existence other than the marriage license for her son George and the marriage return for her and Eugene but neither of her parents are listed on the license.

I have fairly complete information on George W and Harriet, including birth/death, parents and place of interment.

For John A and Atridge, I have fairly complete information as well, however, I am still looking for Atridge's parents place of interment. Her parents were Eli Parrish and Elizabeth (Lothrop). Elizabeth passed away in Nankin in 1840 and Eli passed away in Polkton in 1852.

For Calvin and Lucy, I have both of their parents, birth/death and Calvin's place of interment (Old Wayne Cemetery) but I can't seem to find Lucy's date of death or where She is buried. She passed sometime after June of 1860 (she is on the census) but disappears after that.

I have searched Find a Grave, Billion Graves, Interment.net and the US Genweb archives with no results.

Does anyone have any answers to my questions?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark Martin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
markdarrinmar... 8 Jan 2013 1:03AM GMT 
thomasker2 8 Jan 2013 2:51PM GMT 
markdarrinmar... 8 Jan 2013 3:52PM GMT 
Georgia1910 10 Jan 2013 7:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions