Search for content in message boards

Schatz, Fred

Replies: 5

Re: Schatz, Fred

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 8:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Feb 2013 6:29AM GMT
Surnames: Schatz, Fredericks, Shat, Papke
I was looking over some records for Fred Schatz & Anna Fredericks, and I can see why you have a problem with them. Their marriage isn’t in any records, so far, at Ancestry or FHC, but more are always being added, so don't give up. I did find what might possibly be an immigration record for Fred, but it’s a very long shot. There’s an entry for an 11 yr. old Frederick Schatz, accompanied by F.K. Schatz, age 40. F.K. states he’s been in Toronto for 7 years. They came into Canada through Quebec in Sept. of 1919. There are some differences with the info regarding the ‘place of birth’. It’s listed as England for both of them. The info you have on Fred would make him around 14 in 1919, not 11, and he was born in Poland. The column asking for how many children under 14 might possibly explain the age difference. Maybe age 14 was considered an adult and the fare would cost more, or F.K. didn’t really know how old the kid was. I don’t find F.K. or Frederick listed in the England census of 1911, which makes me wonder if F.K. had some reason for saying their birth place was England. It would be interesting to look at the 1921 Census of Canada, to see if these two are listed, and what other info there might be, but that Census won’t be released until this coming June. Canada is worse than we are….they hold their censuses for 92 years! There’s a Fred Shat (no Z) listed in the 1930 US census in NYC. He’s single and a painter. Too hard to tell if he's yours. I did note that the 1940 census info incorrectly lists Anna as daughter to Adolph Papke, when she’s actually a Fredericks from Emily’s first marriage. Probably none of this is of any use to you, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Terry Bora
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PamBaar 16 Feb 2013 4:38PM GMT 
thomasker2 17 Feb 2013 8:19PM GMT 
PamBaar 17 Feb 2013 8:49PM GMT 
terrybora1 20 Feb 2013 3:52PM GMT 
pmsnds 20 Feb 2013 10:07PM GMT 
Billyschatz 5 Jul 2013 11:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions