Search for content in message boards

surnames

Replies: 5

Re: How related?

Posted: 1 May 2013 6:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2013 7:40AM GMT
Surnames: Taubitz, Hilger, Gebauer, Bleischweitz
I have a copy of pp 134-135 from the family book from St. Alphonsus in Dearborn (formerly Springwells) for a Florian Taubitz, son of Joseph Taubitz and Margarita Hilger. He was born 20 June 1862 in Dearborn. Married Maria Gebauer on 21 April 1896. They had at least 7 children. It's not a very good copy. Looks like only 3 female children survived childhood.

The Dearborn Genealogical Society has an online index to the St. Al's cemetery. Think it was done about 1975.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~midgs/d_index.htm

The Dearborn Historical Museum has the microfilm of the St. Al's Family Book as well as copies of the church's baptism, marriage and death registers. These are also available at the Burton Historical Collection of the main Detroit Public Library.

There are a couple of Taubitz buried at Mt. Kelly cemetery in Dearborn.

http://www.dearbornsacredheart.org/parish/mtkelly/index.html

There was a Frank Taubitz who was either a friend of my uncle's or who worked with my uncle for the City of Dearborn back in the '50 and 60s. My uncle is deceased.

From the book "A Century of Progress: The Story of St. Alphonsus", page 15: "Joseph Taubitz and his wife Mary Francis Bleischweitz, together with their grown children, Joseph, Johanna, Augustine, Charles, and Martha, came to the community in 1849 and settled on a farm west of Chase Road between what is now Donald and Ford Road."

On the attached 1876 Springwells map, Taubitz' 20 acres are on the upper left side by the Wm. Ford property

Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lynnmills76 10 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Melissa Taubitz 7 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Danielle 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT 
seven7wood1 1 Sep 2005 1:15PM GMT 
sbabel73 1 May 2013 3:22PM GMT 
Georgia1910 2 May 2013 12:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic