Search for content in message boards

Merchant Marines and Great Lakes Seaman

Replies: 35

Re: Merchant Marines and Great Lakes Seaman

Juanita (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2005 9:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Popham, Veazey, Bauer/Bower, Hayes
Thanks. I never know how much info to give out on these message boards. What little I do know about Popham is from Mathilda's obit. Evidentally the two were married in Los Angeles in 1941. On earlier obits for Mathilda's siblings (she would be my g aunt), mentions them coming from Chicago for funerals, time frame 1952-1956. Mathilda and Charles also spent some time in the Bethel OH area, according to her obit. She moved back to her roots in Jackson County WI and lived there until her death. The Veazey's lived in Chicago, according to the obits, in the same time frame. Martha is not mentioned in any sibling obit after 1956. Someone else posted a message that they had info from the Chicago Tribune for Martha, which matches my info. Veazey has a variety of spellings. So, yes this helps a great deal. Are you related to Popham?, or doing independent research? Perhaps we could share "branches." I did find a Popham on a Jackson County WI Fed Census, if you need.

Juanita
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ur2funE 3 Jun 2012 6:22AM GMT 
COGIT8R 4 Jun 2012 10:46PM GMT 
COGIT8R 4 Jun 2012 10:47PM GMT 
mickidowney 16 Feb 2005 3:57PM GMT 
Juanita 16 Feb 2005 4:44PM GMT 
MVLGH 28 Aug 2008 1:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions