Search for content in message boards

George Thomas Benjamin Duering

Replies: 0

George Thomas Benjamin Duering

Posted: 2 Nov 2011 8:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duering
I am writing in response to the inquiry made in 2000 by Helen Trudgeon. I tried to email her, but it was no longer a valid address...if anyone knows how to get ahold of her, that would be great!

Helen's original note:
I'm new to this list so have a few questions. Does anyone have records of crew members of ships on the Great Lakes in the early 1900s? I'm looking for one George Thomas Benjamin Duering. We know he was on the Great Lakes in 1910-11 when he docked at Detroit. There he met his wife, Hazel Hawkins, at a party and married her.

My Response:
Thomas Benjamin Duering was my Great-Grandfather. He dropped using "George" and was known by Tommy. In fact, we didn't know about his name George until after Hazel died in 1987. He is buried (under Thomas Duering) in Mt Avon Cemetery in Rochester, Michigan, next to his wife, Hazel Helena Hawken Duering Rollet. They married Aug 31, 1912 and had two children, Edward (my grandpa) and Marvin. I have lots of pictures, stories and memories as Hazel lived to be 101. I was a child when she died. Tommy died in 1935 after being struck by a hit and run driver leaving work.

I would love to speak with you to share any additional information you are looking for and to learn how you know of my Great Grandparents and anything else you might know about them or Tommy's relatives (I've hit a brick wall). I was just asking if anyone in the family knew how they met, and I found the answer here!

Please email me at jodysabra@yahoo.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions