Search for content in message boards

GL CAPTAINS' MOSES & son JOHN STONE m/lt. 1800s.

Replies: 2

GL CAPTAINS' MOSES & son JOHN STONE m/lt. 1800s.

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Mar 2013 10:01PM GMT
Surnames: STONE/ RUE;ROCHE;ROUX/LEMIRE/DALY/HEBERT
Source used for subjects 'search the internet for....linkstothepast ..marine' or History on the Great Lakes, and find via Captains Bio. which is the earliest occupation reference for my GGGrandfather Moses Stone (& wife Eliza) and John Stone.
The other sources are US Census 1870, 1880 Frenchtown, Monroe MI. MOSES STONE & LIZA/LIZZY(ELIZABETH?) w/issue; John, Rosa, Louisa, Alex, Joseph, George & William.
ELiza's death doc, d. 10 APR 1921,Tecumseh, Essex Canada, lists pts as ANTOINE LEMIRE & MARGUERITE (DALY).Uncertain of b. APR 1836/39? Moses's death doc, d. 25 NOV 1925, Tecumseh, Essex Canada, is w/o pts. Only known date for b. JUN 1839?
The other info is from CA Census' 1891,1901, 1911 having the family in Maidstone. I have tried to search for a marriage doc without success. The Stone name was apparently chgd from?....sound/x 'Larooo' (per GGrandmother Hebert) and I have tried various spellings. I've also searched for oldest childs birthcert. and assume he, John, was born in Detroit MI as the following 2 sib(s) no luck. I have found both Moses and John in web references as Captains on the great lakes, however. I can't find Moses' origin and Eliza leaves alot of questions if she was M. E. Lemire early CA Census'(1851/1860)
Any guidance/advice/relation ?

Colleen

P.S. [230313]
I am reposting this; Similar, w/previously posted info and I'm experiencing the link, after a recommendation to chg, compromised (broke again?). For members researching nautical occupations just type great lakes follow thru where you choose.

Regards.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
colleenmck2 10 Mar 2013 12:06AM GMT 
COGIT8R 3 May 2013 7:50PM GMT 
colleenmck2 7 Jun 2013 4:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions