Search for content in message boards

Hitting brick walls with Harry Laplant and wife maggie moore

Replies: 14

Re: Hitting brick walls with Harry Laplant and wife maggie moore

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 12:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johns, Oglesby, Duquette, Valentine, Raess
From what our cousin is telling us, is that she remember Wilfred Rouse, and that he was a Mason/Contractor. That he raised Her mother and brother, whom were the children of john Duquette, but she has no idea when John Duquette died. She DID say that the doctor whom did all birthing and deaths for the town at that time was a drunkered and got a LOT of information wrong and then never recorded it, and that her mother Georgina [ daughter of Katie Laplante and John Duguette], in later life had a Difficult time proving to the Social Security that she was even born and that even her Name was wrong, since in census records they have her listed as Catherine[ and her real name was Georgina]also had her birth wrong as well, since she was born in 20 Oct 1919 and NOT November....

Currently I have also NOT found a Marriage license or death on either Willard F. Rouse, and hard to find info on him or whom his parents were, but like you, God bless you for all this help, am still looking....will be goinging up for another family visit come this May, to Iron Mountain and plan on stopping by the Dickinson County Courthouse and seeing if I can get some copies of death certificates while there and where I can go, around the area to get birth certificates as well....will make sure to bring all the family info with me, since I have my laptop and tablet which holds all this info as well..Just seems the more info you and I get, the more questions it raises...
Donna

Again thank you for all your time and all your help with this side of our family, cause it is really confusing with all the mistakes and lake of care to record or preserve anything..
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonnaOglesby5... 6 Jan 2013 10:09PM GMT 
barbdale_1 6 Jan 2013 11:47PM GMT 
DonnaOglesby5... 7 Jan 2013 7:41PM GMT 
barbdale_1 8 Jan 2013 2:40AM GMT 
DonnaOglesby5... 8 Jan 2013 7:17PM GMT 
barbdale_1 9 Jan 2013 1:29AM GMT 
DonnaOglesby5... 9 Jan 2013 8:25AM GMT 
barbdale_1 6 Jan 2013 11:55PM GMT 
barbdale_1 7 Jan 2013 12:14AM GMT 
barbdale_1 7 Jan 2013 1:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions