Search for content in message boards

Hitting brick walls with Harry Laplant and wife maggie moore

Replies: 14

Re: Hitting brick walls with Harry Laplant and wife maggie moore

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 7:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2013 7:45PM GMT
I agree, this family didn't always leave you much to work with! Don't they know we are trying to do genealogy here?!

I am suggesting that perhaps Edward and Harry Laplante are the same person. It is possible that the person who reported his name for the marriage license did not know. There is also a possiblity that Margaret Moore was married to a Harry before she married Edward.

We know that Edward Laplante's wife was Margaret Moore, from her death certificate. They had a few other children in Michigan, according to the Michigan birth index.

Also, I think you should not dismiss a first marriage for Katie to Anton Benjamin - it matches her Mother's name, and father's last name, and also her birthplace of Minnesota. It may not be her. It may be that they took out a license, but didn't marry, or the marriage could have been annulled.

Have you found a marriage for Wilfred Rouse and Kate? I didn't find one yet on familysearch, but that may list parents, which would be very helpful.

I found this obit for a Willard Rouse - I think it is the right one, as he lists his step daughter as Mrs. Lindbohm, and in the paper I had seen earlier references to an Agnes Duquette Lindbohm. I will check that out further. Charles Raess is also listed as a grandson. At any rate, if it is him, then we should look for a death for Kate prior to 1949.

DAILY GLOBE, IRONWOOD MICHIGAN MAY 13, 1949 PAGE 6

Willard Rouse Dies Thursday

Willard Rouse, 69, former Ironwood resident, died at 8 Thursday morning in General hospital
at Iron Mountain following a one day illness resulting from a heart ailment. Born June 23, 1879 in Jackson Port, Wis,, Rouse had been a resident of Klngsford for the last
26 years. He was employed by the Ford Motor company.
Mr, Rouse lived in Ironwood for 18 years working as a mason contractor before going to Kingsford. He was the stepfather of Mrs. William Lindbohm of Ironwood.Surviving are the widow, Margaret;two brothers, Frank and Robert Rouse, of Escanaba; four sisters, Mrs. Sam Piche, of Nadeau; Mrs. Elmer Christian, of New York; Mrs. Phoebe Londerville,of Bark River, and Mrs.Francis Peterson, of Milwaukee; grandson, Charles Raess, of Chicago; a granddaughter, Mrs. Walter Johns, of Kingsford, and two great-grandchildren.
Services will be held at 8:30 Monday morning at the Buchanan-Villemur-Tondin funeral home and at 9 at the Church of the American Martyrs, where the pastor, the Rev. John G. Hughes,will intone tho Requiem Mass. Burial will be in Cemetery park.

Here is more evidence - this matches the date of death of Margaret Moore Laplante, wife of Edward.

IRONWOOD DAILY NEWS DECEMBER 12, 1912

Mrs. Willard Rouse left Tuesday
for Calumet to attend the funeral of
her mother, Mrs. Margaret LaPlante.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonnaOglesby5... 6 Jan 2013 10:09PM GMT 
barbdale_1 6 Jan 2013 11:47PM GMT 
DonnaOglesby5... 7 Jan 2013 7:41PM GMT 
barbdale_1 8 Jan 2013 2:40AM GMT 
DonnaOglesby5... 8 Jan 2013 7:17PM GMT 
barbdale_1 9 Jan 2013 1:29AM GMT 
DonnaOglesby5... 9 Jan 2013 8:25AM GMT