Search for content in message boards

Looking for Joan Carey

Replies: 4

Looking for Joan Carey

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query

On Sept. 21, 1921 Kenneth M. Carey married Evelyn Charlotte Condon in Elmira, Chemung Co., New York.
The marriage license lists Charles & Ida (Ebersole) Condon as Evelyn’s parents. It also lists Minerva ( Jenkins) Carey as Kenneth’s mother and Wesley M. Carey as his father. Wesley died in 1920.
I started checking the Condon family in the state and federal census in Ancestry.com.
The 1900 federal census has Charles and Ida living in Elmira, NY. with son Fredrick.
The 1910 federal census shows family still in Elmira and shows among the kids, Evelyn.
The NY state census for 1915 shows Charles and Ida living in Elmira. Among their children is Evelyn age 13.
The 1920 federal census still has the family in Elmira. They have Evelyn listed as C. Evelyn in this census.
The 1930 federal census has Ida and family living in Canton, Bradford County, Pa. this census also shows a girl, Joan Carey.
I also did some research at Tri-Counties Genealogy & History (www.joycetice.com). This site is the work of Joyce M. Tice and is a gold mine for anyone with family from the 3 counties of Chemung in New York and Tioga and Bradford Counties in PA.
I found Charles Condon (died 9-26-1921 in a Railroad accident) and Ida Condon (died 4-5-1971), both are buried in the Woodlawn Cemetery in Elmira, Chemung Co., NY.
My dilemma is the girl, JOAN CAREY. The 1930 census states that she was born in Michigan. The census gives her age as 4 years which means that she was born about 1926 and that she is the grand daughter of Ida.
So far I have been unable to find anything further on Joan or her mother, Evelyn.
If Joan is who I believe her to be which is the daughter of Kenneth and Evelyn Carey this would make her my half sister. Which I knew nothing of until I found the license for Kenneth & Evelyn.
Anyone having any information on Joan and/or Evelyn please contact me at parkerel@hotmail.com. and I can give more details on Kenneth.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
parkerel 9 Feb 2013 3:29AM GMT 
dalerenaud 13 Feb 2013 4:33PM GMT 
parkerel 14 Feb 2013 11:47PM GMT 
dalerenaud 15 Feb 2013 12:17AM GMT 
parkerel 15 Feb 2013 3:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic