Search for content in message boards

IVA GUMM

Replies: 3
Posted: 2 Sep 2009 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gumm - Norman - Garland -Cline
I am the grandaughter of Ina Gumm Norman. Aunt Iva Morgan ( as my mother always called her) I believe to be buried in Fairview cemetery in Manton, MI. About six to eight plots down from my mother Ruth Norman Thue, and just up the hill from Una Gumm Norman and my grand mother Ina Gumm Norman. Her neice Polly Anna Norman Scarbrough is directly across the pathway. If the is correct our great grandmother Pollyanna Cox Gumm is buried in Mancelona, Mi with her husband. This is where I need to pick up my search. Our great grandfather is a twin to Judy Garland's grandfather I am unsure of their names. I think it is willard and Milford Gumm. Ours being Williard? One of our other claim to fames is that we are supposidly related to Patsy Hensley Cline through the Caudell (SP) of eastern Kentucky. I have been told stories of Aunt Una hitting the road hitch hiking to Kentucky to visit the family. Apparently she did this quite often in her younger days. Mom would also tell me stories of Pollyanna Gumm as a child would go into the hill and get coal for the stove. I am going to try to organize all I know and what I can find out. Maybe you have something to share. Hope you find this interesting andd relative to your search. I just happened on this and Lord knows if I will find it aagaain but I hope we can help each other out. Best wishes! Gayle
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CORRINE WEBBER 27 Mar 2000 8:17PM GMT 
Paula 17 Jan 2002 2:39PM GMT 
Gayle Thue-Ho... 3 Sep 2009 3:43AM GMT 
CorrineSays 3 Jan 2013 1:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic