Search for content in message boards

Long Shot... Looking For Therapist From Aitkin From 1940s named Bill Or William

Replies: 2

Long Shot... Looking For Therapist From Aitkin From 1940s named Bill Or William

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 11:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi. My name is Jason Hannah. I am looking for some information. I know this may be a longshot, but I have to give it a try.

My dad, David LeRoy Hannah, was born in Aitkin on April 9, 1948. He grew up believing that his father was a man named James Hannah who had left his wife shortly after my dad's birth.

Just after my grandmother Charlotte Mariin (who lived in Aitkin at least since my dad was born) died, her sister told my dad that James Hannah had actually left Charlotte around a year BEFORE my dad was born. She had been seeing a therapist, and at some point they developed a relationship of some sort, and they became pregnant. The therapist was my dad's real father.

Fast forward to now, and I am trying to study my family's heritage. Because I do not know who my dad's father was, about 1/4th of my family's history is unknown.

Unfortunately, my grandmother was apparently the only one who knew the therapist's full name, and she died in 1998. The only thing her sister knew was that the therapist went by the name of Bill.

The only information I have is that her name was Charlotte Hannah at the time, she would've been seeing the therapist sometime in 1947, and because Charlotte was a recently-abandoned mother of 4, the therapy was most likely paid for through some kind of government assistance.

I guess I'm hoping that because it probably came through government assistance, maybe there is a record of the doctor's name.

Is there any chance that records like that would exist? Anybody have ANY idea how I could find something like this?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jason Hannah 7 Jun 2013 5:15PM GMT 
Zelekis 7 Jun 2013 8:19PM GMT 
Jason Hannah 7 Jun 2013 8:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions