Search for content in message boards

Fairbanks, William B. as in (Babcock)

Replies: 1

Fairbanks, William B. as in (Babcock)

Posted: 6 Jul 2008 11:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fairbanks and Brunette
I am looking for any information on William B.
(Babcock) Fairbanks born Berlin,
Mass 1812 died Michigan City, Indiana 1876.
As a young man lived on a farm in Saint Lawrence Countynty, New York later relocated to Crow Wing,
Minn. married Nancy Annette aka Nanette Brunette
a Ojibwe Indian about 1850. I am very interested in tracking him from about 1830 when his father Ephraim died until 1850. I know that he served in the Army
sometime from 1846-1848 in the Mexican War. I do not know exactly where he was mustered in.
I beleived he traveled from Waddington, New York with relatives that were followers of Joseph
Smith the founder of the Mormon Church. I believe he may have resided in Kirtland, OH then to
Michigan City, then to Jackson County, MO. and then to Nauvoo, IL. after that period of time I
believe he joined the Army served in the Mexican War and was mustered out at Fort Gaines in
Minnesota about 1849. After that I have traced him in Morrison, Ottertail, and Becker Counties
in MN. William Fairbanks and Nathan Richardson built
the first hotel in Little Falls. William ran for Sheriff of Benton County, was a Justice of the Peace, and was district attorney in Little Falls. I have a picture that
was made from a Tin Type that was taken in the 1860's.
In 1868 the family returned to and settled in Michigan City, IN. Any Information would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kevin Schubert
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kps_46635 6 Jul 2008 5:44PM GMT 
ancestralrese... 10 Jun 2011 8:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions