The search after the Ramsvant and Storaker, now known as Thompson

Replies: 0

The search after the Ramsvant and Storaker, now known as Thompson

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jul 2012 5:53AM GMT
Surnames: Ramsvand Kvipt Storaker Thompson Ramsvant, Streaker, Stroecker
Hi!
My name is Olav Kvipt, I'm 19 years old, and come from an old farm in Telemark, called Kvipt http://kvipt.no/bilete.php

I'm looking for the descendants after Gro Kvipt and Knud Ramsvand who moved from Fyresdal to Sparta, Chippewa in 1870. They had seven children, Anne, Sigrid, Olaf, Gjermund, Torbjørg, Tarald and Olaf.

Here are the different places they lived in:
Sparta 1870
Rosewood 1871
Watson 1882-1887
Rosewood 1885,
Chippenwa 1889
Sunburg 1895
Rosewood 1900
Sparta 1930
Minneapolis Ward 7, Hennepin, Minnesota 1940

Knud and Gro changed their names to Knute and Julia Ramsvant in 1870, then
their surname was changed to Thompson in the 1880's.

Torbjørg, born in Jan 1859, was the oldest one, and she was given the name Theosie in 1870 when they arrived the new country. She married Elias Pedersen Storaker (Born in )on july 28th 1886, her name was then Tilla, and the moved to Lake Norway, in Kandiyohi. From the 1900 United States Federal Census, Elias is named Eliam, and Tilla has become Thila, later changed in 1920 to Thilda. They had one child, Julia, which was born 28th may, 1885, and died june first 1961. Their surname might have changed to Streaker or Stroecker at some point. They also adopted a kid name Gerhard M Streaker, originally from Denmark, born in Sep 1886, arrived USA in 1891. Please help me find, Julia married, but i can't find her descendants. Elias died on October 25, 1941 in Kandiyohi County.

Sigrid, born in sep 1860 was given the name Sarah. Sarah lived with her brother Thomas in Sparta, and died during the 1930's.

Tarald, born in 1863, was given the name Thomas. Thomas married Jorgene, which was from Norway as well. She was born in 1875, and arrived the US in 1913. I don't know if they had any children, but they were living in Sparta along with Thomas sister Sarah and George.

Olav, born in may 1866 was given the name Ole Thompson, and he was not married in 1900, living in Rosewood at the time.. Did not find any later records of him..

The other Olav, born in 1869, was given the name Oley F, but used later olaf and olof Thompson. He married Annie Thompson. Annie was norwegian born in 1875, and arrived the US in 1894. In 1920, they were living in
Minneapolis Ward 7, Hennepin, and had three daughters, Grace (1904), Mildred (1909), og Eveline (1915). In 1930 Eveline was named Evelyn. Since these are girs, they changed surnamed when they married, so I have no clue if these had children... Anyway, Olaf worked as a carpenter.

Anna was born in sep 1873, and never married. She lived with her sister Tilla and Eliam Storaker in Kandiyohi ca 30 years, from 1910-40.

The youngest siebling was Gjermund, or in the US known as George K Thompson. He lived in Sparta with his brother Thomas and sister in law Annie in Sparta. He worked as an industrial worked and never married.

So, there is a big chance that Julia Thompson from Norway Lake, Kandiyohi had childs to pass the bloodline on. Same goes for Thomas & Annie Thompson, if they had children. And hopefully Grace, Mildred and Evelyn got some kids.. Who knows? Hopefully someone here can give me some answers or maybe know some of them

I would like to find out were their descendants are living, and pay them a visit :) So I hope indeed that someone in Chippewa might know something about them :)

Here their family tree:http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000017285257875

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions