Search for content in message boards

Michael O. Moen

Replies: 1

Re: Michael O. Moen

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 3:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moen, Lorentzen, Muir, Wakefield, Kemerer.
That was very good, I have been investigating for a long time after this information. In fact Mickael's wife Ellen Maria (born Jensd.Myren)was the oldest sister of my gr.grandfather. and I did know that they came up to Hallock in 1879 and started a farm there, I didn't know exactly where, but now I got the answer.In 1995 I met Lloyd Wakefield and his wife from Turlock, Calefornia, at that time I didn't have so much informaton about the Moen family, but I have collected a lot now. I know that the they both have passed away, so I can't get any more information there. What I would like is to find out is if there are any left of the family in Hallock or somewere else in Kittson county or MN.
Back in 1981 I got a litle farm after my unmarried uncle who died that year. There I discovered a number of letters from Mrs. M.O.Moen, even pictures, and there were a photo of the whole family, Mike and Ellen Maria and the children, there were also Lloyds mother, he could not belive it in 1995, but the writings on the back told it.
I still have a lot of questions about the whole family, so if there are any living cousins in US and special the Hallock area, I would like to get in contact with them. And may bee, I would like to see the place my relatives went to, so a tour to Hallock would be very intresting.
PS.: Mickael died in 1932 so it must have been in the newspaper in 1932. Ellen Maria also had a sister who went to US, but that was in 1875 as far as I know.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dwoodburn0758 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
kjellsaeter 19 Jul 2011 9:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic