Search for content in message boards

Magnus Svensson

Replies: 4

Magnus Svensson

Posted: 1 Jun 2004 1:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Magnus Svensson
Hi!
I am looking for information about Magnus Svensson. He was born in Silsjönäs Fjällsjö parish Sweden (born 7-27 1858) married Märta Mathilda Mårtensdotter (born 28-04-1849)
Their sons name was: Teodor Ernst Fabian (born 24-08-1889)

They immigrated to Winnipeg Manitoba. I know when Magnus Svensson family went from Sweden to America, he takes the boat from Trondhiem Norway 1 juni1898 to Hull in England, and there he takes the train to Liverpool. From Liverpool he take a new boat to America, I have not find him in a passengers list from Liverpool to Winnepeg.

When he bought the tickets in Trondhiem his name was Magnus Swendson. And he was going to Winnipeg Manitoba. If they went first to Manitoba, Canada in 1898, I suspect they where still in Canada in 1898 to 1900.

The Svensson's are a little difficult to locate in the 1900 census as the pages are not too readable. However, I found them in Marshall County recorded on a page described as Township 158 North/ Range 44 West.
In 1910 census the three Swansons are living in East Park Township of Marshall County in Minnesota. The census record shows that they had 3 children but only 1 was still living in 1910. It also shows they are living on their own farm which they own free of any mortgage. The census enumerator listed
them as:
Swanson, Magnus/ age 51/ married 19 years/speaks Swedish/ farmer
Swanson, Mathilda/ age 60/ 1 of 3 children alive/speaks Swedish/
Swanson, Theodore/age 20/single/speaks English/farm laborer
The census sheet is identified as:
Supervisors District No. 9
Enumeration District No. 100
Sheet No. 1A

They were NOT living in East Park township of Marshall county, Minnesota in 1920.

I also have learned they were members of the Mamrelund Church in Strandquist. Founded 1905.

About Strandquist in Marshall Co MN and Magnus Svenson
in Mamrelund Lutheran Church membes records page 13
There is a note in the Remark field for the family:
Karlstad 1921 look at Bethel Ch pq 12 (from SAKA 1003:1 page 13)
As Strandquist and Karlstad is not fare from each other
they must moved croos the border between Marshall and Kittson

The family can be found in the 1920 census for Kittson County, Minnesota. They were living in Arveson township and were included in the same enumeration area as the village of Karlstad. I do not have a township map of Kittson county but I would presume Arveson township is located close to Karlstad. This would not be far from their prior home in Marshall county. The specific census sheet is Supervisors District #9, Emuneration # 58, Sheet # 10B, and they appear on lines 95, 96, and 97. Here is the data:
Svenson,Magnus,Head,O,F,M,W,61,M,1898,Na,1906,-,Y,Y,S,S,S,S,S,S,Y,Farmer,General,09,135.
---,Martha M. (about the same but age 69)
---,Theodore (about the same but age 30 and a farm laborer on the home farm.)

This is about as far as I can go with the census. I don't have access to the 1930 census at the present time
I am still looking for where they were after 1920 as they were not in the Arveson township on Karlstad, Kittson
I got a letters from Resurrection Lutheran Church in Karlstad
They found Theodore Swenson buried 5/2/24 35 years old. Its their any how can help me to look in the deathbook in Bethel Church Karlstad when Theodore died or funeral info. The parents are not buried in the same grave? The cemetery records in Karlstad are maintains by the city. There is not any marker on the gravesite.
It’s their some Professional Historical Genealogist in Kittson how can help me to tracks this family. I want to have contact whit volunteer genealogist, can you help me to found some one?
Theodore Swenson buried 5/2/24 35 years old? Means that he dead 2 may our 5 february 1924?

Any information and help will be greatly appreciated.
Best regards Agne!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Agne81 1 Jun 2004 7:55AM GMT 
Marcy Johnson 24 Jun 2004 5:35PM GMT 
Agne81 28 Jun 2004 8:08AM GMT 
Agne Sjödin 29 Jun 2004 6:12AM GMT 
ashleighrenz 28 Feb 2012 2:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions