Search for content in message boards

H. Hokanson

Replies: 2
Posted: 29 Nov 2011 6:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Was my uncle , my father was Martin. His mother Magda died after watching J.F.Kennedy assen get shot. Too much for her, went to take a nap and never woke up. My Grandfather died before I was born- 1950, he was helping stomp out a grass fire and burnt his feet too bad and died. They were trying to contain the fire so it wouldn't spread to buildings. My mother told me when I was 12 they were from very influencial familys, and I never ask who, I found a little; Magda Neilson's family were in logging and Martin's father wes born in Bergden [?] Norway. Came to US in 1905 because of a family dispute. My brother Blanchard said Martin's father looked like King H. of Norway, and my brother Marlin insists we are related to the king, not the one elected in 1905.The one who resigned in 1905. I have two photos of my Grandfather, one in 1905 and one of he & Magda when old.Do you have any photos or more details on them ???A And, My neice Terasa mentioned a family home that was made into an Art Museum. Were there any Artist in the family? My sisters Lucile and Loretta and Marlin & I liked to draw and Blanchard did glassblowing & lace work and carving. My Dad Martin made violins,gunstocks and boats. One time he carved a deer jumping over a log into a gunstock. He said " I didn't know I could do that" I guess we got our artistic ability more from him, although mom [Naomi] use to draw what she called "Dolly Dimple" when I was young,and I'd design clothes for it.I've done portraits since I was 5. Now almost 62, and still like to draw when I get time.I'm currantly working on a portrait of Elvis Presley, he's 76 now nd still look good. He goes by the name of "Jon Cotner " on you tube and is a friend on my "MY Space" account. He wears a beard to cover his face some what, the portrait I'm workin on is with out his beard. He hade to drop out of site because of some bad people and he was also having big problems with his voice. I also have a You Tube Channel- ELMileyCBP and have lots of his music. But I'm also a Bible studient [ all ways learning]and that work is the most importaint- Matt.24:14 ;28:19,20 time is short Zeph.2:2,3 but also into alternative health, energy body work. It keeps me going, my sisters both died of cancer at 65. Loretta was 10 years older Than I & Lucile was 25 years older than I. Thanks ,Esther
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EstherHokanso... 29 Nov 2011 1:09PM GMT 
falsterden 27 Mar 2013 10:49PM GMT 
falsterden 28 Mar 2013 12:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions