Search for content in message boards

Julia Halverson 1837 - 1926 Need Obit

Replies: 1

Julia Halverson 1837 - 1926 Need Obit

Posted: 17 Jun 2012 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Halverson, Rema, Strand, Skinner, Bryson, Opheim
Minnesota Deaths And Burials 1835 - 1990 lists;

Julia Halverson, Born 1838, Died 07 Mar. 1926 in Gudria, Lake Of The Woods, Minnesota. Spouse: Halverson. Mothers Name: Julia Rema.

I am in need of an obituary or death record transcript to prove or disprove that this Julia Halverson is a match for the sister of my GG Grandmother and the following info;

L.O. and Guri Rema (Opheim) arrived in Allamakee Co., Iowa, in 1951, bringing four daughters with them. Two sons would be born there to this couple later. Their children were;

Julia, born 13 Dec. 1837, Norway; Tilda, Margaret, Cecile, Ole, and Tolef.

Julia married Paul Halverson on 26 Apr. 1857, in Allamakee Co., Iowa.

In 1912-1913 Julia is a widow living in Baudette, Minnesota.

This information is found in the biography of Julia's brother Ole L. Rema in the book Past And Present Of Allamakee County, 1913, Vol. 2, Biographies, by Hancock, and the entire contents of this biography can be read on the Allamakee County, Iowa, web site on the USGenWeb.

My research indicates that Julia was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her sister Margaret Strand (Rema), and brother Tolef.

Julia would have been survived by sisters Tilda Bryson (Rema)of Waterville, Allamakee Co., Iowa; Cecile Skinner (Rema) of Sioux Rapids, Buenna Vista Co., Iowa; and brother Ole L. Rema of Center Township, Allamakee Co, Iowa.

Note that I have seen Julia's sister Cecile name spelled many ways, including Sissil/Sissel/Sisse, etc.. And that Julia's mother's name is often Americanized as Julia as in the Minnesota Deaths And Burials 1835 - 1990 records cited above.

It is unknown where or when Paul Halverson died, or whether he and Julia had any children.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated !

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
reidrj60 17 Jun 2012 7:59AM GMT 
reidrj60 17 Jun 2012 8:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic