Search for content in message boards

Sloan-Morrison Family

Replies: 3

Re: Sloan-Morrison Family

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 5:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
There was a set of Sloans in the Ft. Ripley area in 1850s-60s. I'd love to know about "Pewter-eye" Sloan myself. You will want to look into the Morrison Co. Hist. Society. Their website probably has a set of surnames as found in their re-published history of the Country transcribed from newspaper articles written by Nate Richardson. You will find some of the Sloans there. Arthur Garden is someone of interest in my own research. Write me when you learn anything! I'm working on the Rev. Ayer, who had been an Ojibwe missionary and who ran a school at Belle Prairie with his wife--many Indians, mixed bloods, and French Canadians in that community as well as communities distant from there appear to have attended. I want to know about these students! And I want any suitable photos of that period and place that can be found...reward available!

Oh, and Chabboilez (sp?) was the Indian trader at Red Lake in later 1840s. I've been looking very hard for info on him and his wife, who appears to have been one of the Converts--perhaps to Protestantism. Chabboilez worked for the (former but still sort of in operation) Am. Fur Co. I believe Chas. Oakes was his boss at that time. He was a part of the Protestant group and was not a liquor seller.
Linda Bryan, St. Paul
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Renee' 17 Apr 2002 8:05PM GMT 
Renee' 6 May 2002 5:08PM GMT 
mrsbryan 23 Mar 2013 11:13PM GMT 
krapwpc 11 Nov 2014 6:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic