Search for content in message boards

Brick Wall Help - Susie Fay Hoagland

Replies: 4

Brick Wall Help - Susie Fay Hoagland

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 2:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fay Hoagland
My Great-Great-Great Grandmother was born in Rochester 25 Feb 1876 to Ward L. Hoagland and Susie Fay. Her name was Mary Virginia Hoagland, and she was adopted by the George Witter family in Central Wisconsin sometime after 1880.
I’m trying to track down Mary’s parents. I’ve found her father Ward and his ancestry, but have been unsuccessful in finding pretty much anything on her mother, Susie Fay. I’ve gotten a copy of Ward and Susie’s marriage license from 1874, and of course it had no information regarding Susie’s parents on it. I’ve found Mary’s birth record. I found Ward and Susie in the 1875 MN Census in Rochester. This says Susie was born in 1855 in Michigan (and her parents were born in Ireland), and I’ve found Susie and Mary in the 1880 Census in Rochester (Ward and Susie had divorced by then), but that’s where I lose Susie. I also did find a Susie Fay in the 1870 Census in Haverhill, Olmsted, Minnesota, but she is a “Domestic Servant” and it only lists her as being born in 1855 in Michigan.
I was able to find a Susie Fay born in 1855 in Osceola, Michigan (daughter of Edward and Margaret Fay) but I’ve also found this same family in a tree posted on Ancestry.com and contacted the owner who says that this is not the same Susie Fay because she died when she was 10 and she has a photo of the grave.
Since I can’t find a death for Susie Fay or Susie Hoagland, I am wondering if she remarried, but then again I haven’t been able to find another marriage for Susie Fay or Susie Hoagland.
I thought someone who is more familiar with the Olmsted Country records that are available, might be able to offer some insight or information on my elusive Susie Fay.
Thanks,
Mike Bishop
Madison, Wisconsin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael Bisho... 4 Jan 2012 9:02PM GMT 
KMLubahn6609 28 May 2013 8:19AM GMT 
Michael Bisho... 28 May 2013 4:22PM GMT 
Kiner14 28 May 2013 4:03PM GMT 
Michael Bisho... 28 May 2013 4:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic