Search for content in message boards

Gunder G, Hanson and wife Anlaug (sannes) Olson.

Replies: 1

Re: Gunder G, Hanson and wife Anlaug (sannes) Olson.

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 11:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
My Grandfather was John G. Hanson, married to Jessi Kolstrand both of Pennington County MN. One of my Grandfathers brothers was Andrew(married Hazel Kolstrand) also from that same area, their daughter still lives in the area. Another was Gunder Hanson also (I think) married to another Kolstrand sister. My Grandfather, and Grandmother are buried in Green Cemetary in the old section on the outskirts of Thief River Falls, MN. My Fathers name is Telton Orval Hanson was the oldest of 9 children all of whom have passed away. He took us children to where he lived when young in Hickory. The houses and buildings were all gone but he remembered the well which was still there and told us many stories about when he was growing up. Back in the 1980's there was a family reunion up near Plummer Minnesota and we had a mug with the Sannes-Olsen name on it for many years. My parents told me that the re-union was large with many people there. The Hanson cousins I can think of off hand include: Clarence(passed away), Art Hanson( his widow Alma lives in TRF), Little Clarence Hanson(passed away), Eunice(passed away), Helen Hanson(Now deceased) who was also married to another Hanson but I don't remember him so cant remember his name(sorry).I think they were Gunders kids?!? Unknown how they all are related but if you want check the records from Thief River Falls, Plummer, and Goodridge MN, the Hanson's are all related one way or another up there. My Dad told a story that when his grandfather(Pete Hanson or Kosltrand?!?) was very young he lost his beautiful blond hair due to sickness but when it grew back it was black as night and curlier than anything found now outside of a perm. This is how he came by his nick name: Black Pete.
There is a long line of Oak trees on the road going East of Goodridge I think is HWY 1, on land that used to be Andrew & Hazel Hansons homestead is now a park, that my father planted one summer when he worked temporarily for his uncle.
Apparently the Hanson Boys didn't always get along. My Grandfather didn't talk to his oldest brother very much if at all nor did Andrew. My Grandfather was born in the late 1890's I believe just before the turn of the 20th century.
If you want more information I can put you in touch with Andrews Daughter if she wants okays it. If you want to talk to me shoot me an email: msvra63@hotmail.com make sure to put 'Hansons Line' in the description line
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vetley 9 Apr 2008 2:03PM GMT 
msvra63 1 Oct 2012 5:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions