Search for content in message boards

Kari Braaten ,Mid Wife Smiley Section 31 (school dist # 221)

Replies: 1

Kari Braaten ,Mid Wife Smiley Section 31 (school dist # 221)

Posted: 11 Apr 2008 10:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Braaten, Anfinson. Torkelson., Peder August Thune. Loken
Hi I am looking for information about Kari Braaten from what I can remember about a sweet woman named Kari Braaten. she had a husband named Ole Braaten her maiden name I think was Anfinson. she was a mid wife for smiley township. Kari's husband Ole died I believe in very early 1900 if not late 1800. Kari sold an acre of land for school district 221. her children I know a couple of them died young from consumption (TB). But anyway this was a hard working woman that anyone would be proud to know. she had a relative in section 32 smiley township named Ellen Anfinson who had I think it was polio. Kari died in 1927 at the home of Peder A.Thune he was another great person he lived in section 32 smiley. just across the field from Kari Braaten Kari being aged and very ill Peder August Thune took care of her at his home until her death. Peder lived into the 1940's. My question about Kari is how is she related to Torkel Anfinson or Anfin Torkelson and where are Kari's children buried. I know Kari is buried at St. Pauli cemetery but where are the rest of the family?? This person should not go unremembered.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vetley 12 Apr 2008 4:45AM GMT 
charsuewilson 27 Mar 2011 11:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions