Search for content in message boards

Inga Bestul Olson

Replies: 6

Re: Inga Bestul Olson

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 11:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bestul, Olson, Baglien
Hi, I live a couple of miles from where the tragedy took place. My grandpa(deceased) was one of the volunteers that searched for the body and another neighbor(deceased) was the local sheriff at the time. Needless to say, still well remembered in the Lengby/Fosston area.
The names wasn't Inga, but Enger, or Mrs. Carl Baglien. The murder was in the summer of 1949. if you google search by the name Carl Baglien, Lengby you will come up with a detailed account of what happened. one website is www.neorelic.com/FamilyHistory/baglienstory.htm
Enger (Bestul)The murder was also written up in a old crime story book available in paperback. When you do a search it will come up on amazon.com. My mom said it was also in a lot of national crime magazines which were popular at the time. Baglien was in love with their hired hand, Egil Kjella. She hired Egil's brother, Martin Kjella, to kill her husband. CArl was buried under the clothesline. When we were kids it was always a "dare" to go over to the Baglien place and sit on a bench that somebody put right where the poor man was temporatily buried. The other part of the dare was that the Baglien property adjoined a local chruch cemetary.
Enger Baglien did escape from the Stillwater women's correctional facility in ?1956 and was picked up in Idaho as a vagrant a few months later using her youngest sister's (Mardell Olson's). I have tried a couple of times looking for her death certifcate, I think I found the hired hand and his brother's death certifcates years ago, but don't remember where I found them. Enger would be what, about 91 by now? Maybe she is still alive. One thing of note, Baglien's had a son named Kenneth Baglien who was 13 at the time of the murder. he was staying in Grand Forks ND at the time with some relatives. I have found an address for a 71 year old Kenneth Baglien and I'm betting that he is Enger & Carl's son. Not that common of a name and the age matches. if you would like any more information let me know, In turn maybe you can find out if Enger Baglien is still alive or when she passed away and where she was laid to rest. The locals have always been curious as we do know that she never came back to Lengby MN. I believe her husband is buried about half an hour from here. my email address is dgunderson@gvtel.com.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
blampley 8 Jul 2008 9:54PM GMT 
dianegunderso... 28 Sep 2008 5:33AM GMT 
blampley 29 Sep 2008 3:37PM GMT 
smilinsaint 24 Jan 2013 3:06AM GMT 
smilinsaint 24 Jan 2013 3:04AM GMT 
blampley 24 Jan 2013 4:39PM GMT 
dianegunderso... 28 Sep 2008 5:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions