Search for content in message boards

looking for information on Mr C. O. Rose who lived in Crookston in the early 1920s

Replies: 2

Re: looking for information on Mr C. O. Rose who lived in Crookston in the early 1920s

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 9:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2012 9:42AM GMT
Bev - Thanks for your reply. All I can say to most of your questions is "I wish we knew!" In order to explain, I will need to say more about the situation than I'd wanted to. I hope that no one who might have pertinent information is turned off by the circumstances here. In that case, all I can do is appeal to everyone's sense of humanity - we have a 90 year old man here who simply wants to learn who is father was and where he came from.

Mr. C. O. Rose is, we found out just yesterday, the father of my cousin, who will be celebrating his 90th birthday in August. He has never known anything about his father - we've been working on this together for two years. We received notification yesterday. But there is very little information other than:

The father and the mother both lived in Crookston, Polk, MN.
The father's occupation was "grain man".
He was married at the time (not to my cousin's mother).
(He doesn't appear to be in the Census of 1920 or 1930 by that name.)

It is my strong assumption that C. O. Rose must have been Norwegian, or possibly Swedish - this is based on what we know from DNA testing.

Thank you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dwight Holmes 31 Jul 2012 4:21AM GMT 
BevAnderson91 31 Jul 2012 7:24AM GMT 
Dwight Holmes 31 Jul 2012 3:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions