Search for content in message boards

Early Catholic families of the Bellechester area

Replies: 5

Re: Delva family - Luxembourg to Wabasha, MN to Chewelah, WA

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 11:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Delva
Barry -- Your name has come up in some of my previous searches, but I don't know that we have connected. John Karl Delva is my direct great-great grandfather (through Nicholas - then Francis Xavier). My mother (who passed away last year) was Francis' (Frank, Shorty) daughter, Laurel Fay Delva. I will admit that I haven't kept up on my research in the last year or two ... my Mom's death kind of drew me to a halt. Are you in Chewelah? I went up there several years ago, and saw the family homestead. Went to the museum; great lady there helped me out immensely, especially with news articles re: Veronica's passing & news articles. Hooked up with family still in Chattaroy (Fred Safford & family .... Marion Mertz's first marriage).

Barry, I would really like to talk/email/communicate with you regardin your research, and see the documentation you have discovered. Please email me directly at sunshynnn@gmail.com. Also, I am so interested in any information about Francix Xavier Delva. I understand he passed away while in jail in Ketchican, Alaska .... perhaps in the 'drunk tank' ... the rumor is that he was beaten, but I have been unable to find death records, or anything. I know it happened while my Mom (Laurel Fay Delva) was a freshman in HS; she received a Western Union telegram at the high school, because her name/address was the only information on him at the time. Perhaps 1960? But, I know that my grandmother 'forged' the year on her Birth Certificate so she could enter school a year early, so could go a year earlier. Anyways, please email me directly, as I would love to hear the stories, research, and any documents you can provide. Thank you so much for posting! If you are in Chewelah, I would love to make a trip to visit with you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cae9753 19 Oct 2008 8:00PM GMT 
sunshynnn 28 Oct 2008 5:06AM GMT 
Methuria50 24 May 2009 10:16PM GMT 
bjmccombs85 17 Dec 2012 1:17AM GMT 
cae9753 18 Dec 2012 12:06AM GMT 
sunshynnn 18 Dec 2012 6:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions