Search for content in message boards

Otto Lotz and mother Agnes (Roemer?) (Wabasha, MN and Ithaca and Interlaken, NY)

Replies: 4

Otto Lotz and mother Agnes (Roemer?) (Wabasha, MN and Ithaca and Interlaken, NY)

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 8:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lotz, Haning, Ramer, Roemer
I am seeking information on Otto J. Lotz born Dec 16 1888 in Waldenburg, Schlesien, Germany), his wife Anna Haning (b. 1892 in Gratflug, Germany) and their 2 daughters Bertha (b. abt 1910 in either MN or Germany) and Marion Lotz (b. abt 1931 in Ithaca). There were also 2 sons Frederick Joseph and Herbert Otto - I have quite a bit of info on the sons, but not the daughters and no one seems to know what happended to the parents.
I find who I think is Anna widowed on the 1940 census working as a servant in Interlaken, NY. I also found who I think is their daugher Marion b. 1931 boarding in someone's home on Merchant St. also in Interlaken. If this is the correct Marion, I also found her on Ithaca city directories in the early 1950's but nothing after that. I know she was still alive in the early-mid 7o's somewhere in NY (her nephew was living in Maryland and they went up to visit her a couple times).
I've searched the Tomkins and Seneca counties genweb sites but found nothing more for any of the Lotz' of this family.
Marion could've married, and her mother Anna could've also remarried, no one seems to know.
I also found Otto's mother Agnes living with him on the 1910 census in Wabasha county. I have both their immigration records, and Agnes is buried in St. Louis County, MN (died in 1916). Agnes was widowed before she came to America in 1907, and she came over with a younger son Wilhelm. I suspect her maiden name was Rahmer/Ramer/Roemer as Otto on the passenger list for him in 1906 indicated he was going to his uncle Josef Rahmer in Wabasha, Minn.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Methuria50 30 Jan 2013 3:29PM GMT 
barbdale_1 31 Jan 2013 4:21AM GMT 
Methuria50 31 Jan 2013 1:05PM GMT 
barbdale_1 31 Jan 2013 4:38AM GMT 
gleason_diane 29 Mar 2013 2:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic