Search for content in message boards

STAUBER family from Bohemia: Schneiderhof (Mysliv), Neumark (Domalicze), Pilsen

Replies: 5

STAUBER family from Bohemia: Schneiderhof (Mysliv), Neumark (Domalicze), Pilsen

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 5:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jan 2013 5:43AM GMT
Surnames: STAUBER, RIEDERER, SEIDL, KOHLBECK, STODOLA
I'm looking for any information available about the Stauber lineage in Schneiderhof. It was a very small village (only about 287 occupants) so I'm looking for any connections available. I've tracked down the parish registries, however they are not available online yet. Here's what I have so far:

1. Wolfgang STAUBER (1) + Theresia RIEDERER
2. Wolfgang STAUBER (2) b. 21 MARCH 1862 in Schneiderhof + Frances SEIDL b. 19 SEPT 1865 (daughter of Andrew & Dorada SEIDL). Wolfgang immigrated to Menominee, Michigan about 1876.
2. Charles STAUBER b. 3 DEC 1870 in Schneiderhof + Louisa Augusta BARTELS b. 1879 in Brandenburg, Germany. Charles immigrated to Wesboro, Wisconsin in 1888 and is my great-grandfather. He frequently went to Menominee, Michigan to visit Wolfgang.
2. Joseph STAUBER b. 1864 in Schneiderhof + Anna STODOLA b. 1867 in Bohemia (daughter of Anton STODOLA.) I don't know much about Joseph except he listed Theresia RIEDERER and Wolfgang STAUBER as his parents on his marriage certificate and they are also listed on his death certificate in 1893. Both marriage & death occurred in Menominee so I have no doubt he is a brother to Wolfgang & Charles.
2. Franz STAUBER?? - Likely remained in Schneiderhof
3. Franzisca STAUBER b. 1901 in Schneiderhof + Ed GILLIGAN b. 1896 in Ireland. Francis immigrated to Chicago, Illinois in 1922. I have a letter from her addressed to "Uncle Carl" and referencing "Uncle Wolfgang" however it's in very scribbly German so I can't read much of it. Hoping to get it translated soon.
2. Barbara STAUBER ?? - Rumored to have immigrated to Chicago, Illinois.

My grandfather (son of Charles) just turned 94 years old and said he was told his father had one brother who stayed in Bohemia. He doesn't know the brother's name. He's under the impression his father had a sister who settled in Chicago, Illinois and worked as a telephone operator. He thinks her name is Barbara, but I have yet to locate her.

Possible relatives:
* Theresia STAUBER b. 1848 immigrated in 1868 and listed Schneiderhof as her home town. She lists Michael STAUBER as her father & Anna STAUBER as her mother.
* Anton STAUBER b. 1869 in Philippsberg, Bohemia + Mary KOHLBECK b. 1867 (daughter of Frank KOHLBECK). Anton was the witness at Joseph Stauber's wedding to Anna STODOLA and is named on their record. He settled in Menominee, Michigan. He lists his parents as Michael + Anna Marie STAUBER. I'm guessing he may be a cousin to Wolfgang/Charles?
* Michael STAUBER and Anton RIEDERER are listed as living in Schneiderhof in a book about Industry & Work in the Bohemian Forest in the 1930's.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sunnyaldrich 1 Jan 2013 12:39PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 2 Jan 2013 9:06PM GMT 
sunnyaldrich 3 Jan 2013 5:46AM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 3 Jan 2013 3:15PM GMT 
Tonicek 5 Jan 2013 8:48PM GMT 
sunnyaldrich 5 Jan 2013 8:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions