Search for content in message boards

Schrom(m)/Rosenzweig, Thomigsdorf & Lukau

Replies: 3

Schrom(m)/Rosenzweig, Thomigsdorf & Lukau

Rob Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schrom, Rosenzweig
I'm looking for information about two of my ancestorial families that were from East Bohemia. They were the Rosenzweig family from Thomigsdorf and the Schrom(m) family from the adjacent village of Lukau. My emigrating ancestors were John Rosenzweig and his wife Victoria Schrom. John was born in 1866 and Victoria in 1863. He emigrated to Grand Rapids, MI in 1891 and she followed in 1893.

John's parents were Frank Rosenzweig and Anna Muller. He had one brother Frank and two sisters, Mary (Maria) and Gunna (Anna?). His brother and sister Mary came to Michigan also. Unknown what happend to the other sister and parents.

Victoria's parents were Alois (Louis) Schrom and Theresa ?. She at one sister Matilda and at least two brothers Alois (Louis) and Franz. There may have been another brother Peter. Matilda travelled to MI with Victoria. Alois came to MI later and spent some time with friends in WI. Franz stayed in Bohemia and may have had at least 2 daughters (names unknown).

Also does anyone know anything about any Rosenzweigs who settled in Toronto, Canada? We've got a few letters from a Franz Rosenzweig in Toronto in the 1920's and no idea how this person is connected.

Other families known to have come to Grand Rapids, MI from the region were the Barr's Kaulpa's and Janish.

If anyone has any information about these families, I would love to hear it. Also if there is any information about these towns I would also like to hear about that.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rob Simmons
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rob Simmons 16 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
rosemarylreed 3 Oct 2013 1:21AM GMT 
Jilleen_Woelf... 15 Nov 2013 5:40PM GMT 
Jilleen_Woelf... 15 Nov 2013 5:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic