Search for content in message boards

Leslie Ogden

Replies: 18

Leslie Ogden

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 11:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2013 9:56AM GMT
Surnames: Ogden Williams Ostby Gordon
Hello - I've been digging at this one for a few weeks with no luck and am hoping more experienced genealogists will take a look! I'm sure I'm just missing something.

My great-great-grandmother Estella Mabel "Stella" Williams was born to Louis A Williams and the former Sarah Arena Gorden in North Dakota. They moved to Albert Lea, MN and Stella married Otto Ostby and had a daughter, Lucille, before Otto passed away.

Stella then married a Leslie Solomon Ogden, an attorney born in Ontario, Canada but who'd lived in Minneapolis most of his life. According to census records, they had a son, Leslie, around 1913 in Minneapolis. Curiously he does not appear in Minnesota birth records on the mnhs.org birth record site, so I haven't been able to find his exact birthdate.

Leslie's father L. S. Ogden died in 1919, and Stella followed in 1921. I have no idea what became of young Leslie after this. He could've been no older than 8 or 9 when his mother died. I have looked with all the immediate relatives I can think of to see if they took in Leslie, but no luck.

I feel I should mention that Leslie's older half-sister, Lucille, would've only been 13 or so when her mom died, so she would've probably gone to live wherever he did. Unlike Leslie, though, I know what became of Lucille, at least as an adult - she was my great-grandmother, and died at the age of 18. I don't know where she spent the 6 years between the death of her mother, and her own death, however.

My question, then, is what became of little Leslie Ogden, born of Leslie Solomon Ogden and Estella "Stella" Williams. Leslie and Estella were both married previously and had other children, but I found no leads there. If young Leslie had died I'd expect to find him in the death index on mnhs.org, but all I find is his father's death record. What became of Leslie Ogden, born 1913 in Minnesota?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
butalae 14 Jun 2013 5:27AM GMT 
falsterden 14 Jun 2013 2:57PM GMT 
leslielacount 14 Jun 2013 3:37PM GMT 
falsterden 14 Jun 2013 3:54PM GMT 
butalae 14 Jun 2013 4:06PM GMT 
leslielacount 14 Jun 2013 4:29PM GMT 
leslielacount 14 Jun 2013 5:06PM GMT 
butalae 15 Jun 2013 6:14PM GMT 
leslielacount 15 Jun 2013 8:07PM GMT 
butalae 15 Jun 2013 8:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions