Search for content in message boards

Martin W. Murphy Origins

Replies: 1

Martin W. Murphy Origins

Posted: 9 Nov 2013 2:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information about the origins of my step-father's grandfather Martin William Murphy. The only information I have is a birth date and names of parents. Martin was born in Minnesota (county and city unknown) on November 22, 1912. His parents were James Murphy (born in Ireland) and Mary Rienbold (born in Minnesota). Unfortunately, outside of these few basic facts I found in the 1930 U.S. Census and his death certificate, I have been unable to locate any additional information about Martin's origins. I could not find a birth or marriage record for either Martin or his parents and was unable to locate any of them in the 1920 U.S. Census. This situation is made more complicated by the fact that I don't know the birth years for the parents either. Although, I do wonder about the possibility of Martin's birth not being properly recorded or him being adopted. Martin later ended up in Phoenix, Arizona, where he married (and later divorced) Mary McEwen and had a daughter Marcella (b. 1930). Martin served in the U.S. Army and later died in Phoenix on December 17, 1949. If anybody can help me solve this mystery, please let me know.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rbortega 9 Nov 2013 9:58PM GMT 
barbdale_1 10 Nov 2013 3:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic