John Wesley Lee

Replies: 3

John Wesley Lee

Melvin Collier (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2004 8:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reed Lee
Hi,
I am seeking the whereabouts of John Wesley Lee (African-American) and his descendants. He was born about 1913 in Panola County, MS to Rev. Henry Miles Lee and Mary Ella Reed Lee, who was my grandfather's sister. Mary's family lived in Tate County, east of Senatobia.

Aunt Mary Ella died about 1916, when John Wesley was only about 3 years old. Shortly after her death, he and his father left Panola County (Sardis/Como area) and moved to another part of the State. They were in the 1930 census in Calhoun County in Beat 3 - H.M. Lee, 56 years old, and John W. Lee was 17. What part of the county is Beat 3?

Family elders said that John Wesley came back to the Tate County area during the 1940's to visit his mother's people for the first time. Someone had told him where they lived and he found his way to his mother's brother's house. John Wesley had recently gotten out of the Army. The family has not seen or heard from him since.

If John Wesley was living today, he would be about 90 years old. So, there's a stronger chance that he is not living, but he may have had children.

If anyone is familiar with this family or may know someone who may be connected, please please e-mail me. The Reeds have a big family reunion every 2 years and would like to find John Wesley Lee and/or his offspring.

Thanks,
Melvin
MelvinJCollier@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Melvin Collier 14 Jan 2004 3:55PM GMT 
Rose Diamond 15 Jan 2004 2:43PM GMT 
Melvin Collier 15 Jan 2004 3:19PM GMT 
Joche Gayles 16 Feb 2004 9:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions