Search for content in message boards

Will Taylor

Replies: 1

Re: Will Taylor

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I realize that this is an old post and you may have heard from someone who knew Will and Ella Taylor. They lived one mile east of the Columbus and Greenville Railway Station( now non-existent ) where Highway 389 crosses the railroad track. Their house is no longer there but I understand that a William "Bill" Wooten built a house on the property located south of the railroad track. I could be mistaken about that. Mrs. Ella as we called her, a short heavy-set woman, was my Sunday School teacher and she sang in the choir at Pheba First Missionary Baptist Church. She had a beautiful soprana voice. Will also sang in the choir. They both could sing the notes to the songs. They always came to church neatly dressed. Mrs Taylor had a niece Mary Alice Skinner who moved to Greenville, MS. Mary Alice had two daughters,Mary Wilson Skinner and Beatrice Skinner who, if they are still alive, probably still live in Greenville. If you go to Pheba,do so on a Sunday. That way you,d be sure to find someone at the church who could direct you to the old Taylor property.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
coffeyrenee 3 Feb 2004 11:30PM GMT 
lushel 13 Apr 2012 2:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions