FAMILY HISTORY

Replies: 3

FAMILY HISTORY

CAROLYN LLOYD (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MCCONE, COOPER, GULLEDGE
JOEL GULLEDGE MCCONE AND LUCY ANN COOPER MCCONE WERE MY
GREAT GRANDPARENTS. HE WAS A CIVIL WAR VETERAN FROM HOLMES COUNTY, MS, CAPTURED AT VICKSBURG IN 1865. AFTER THE WAR HE AND HIS FAMILY MOVED TO GREEN CO. AR. FOR A TIME BEFORE MOVING SOUTHEAST TO DREW COUNTY , AR. WHERE THEY REMAINED UNTIL THEIR DEATH. THEY HAD THREE CHILDREN WHO LIVED TO ADULTHOOD: ROBERT NEWTON, NANNY BELLE, AND THOMAS. ROBERT MARRIED DELLA LOU PHILLIPS AND HAD EIGHT CHILDREN WHO LIVED AND RAISED THEIR FAMILIES IN DREW CO. MOST OF THEM ARE BURIED IN THE CEMETARY AT CENTERPOINT, A SMALL FARMING COMMUNITY BETWEEN MONTICELLO AND DERMOTT, ARK. JOEL DIED IN 1926 AND LUCY ANN IN 1932. SEVERAL FAMILIES NAMED GULLEDGE AND COOPER ARE IN AREA CEMETARIES AROUND SOUTHEST ARK. I DO NOT HAVE A DIRECT LINK TO THEM BUT I FEEL SURE THERE IS ONE.

I FOUND THOMAS MCCONE AND FAMILY IN 1840 MISS CENSUS,STATING HIS BIRTHPLACE AS N.C. AND MARGARET GULLEDGE MCCONE {WIFE} AS BORN IN GEORGIA BUT HAVE FAILED TO FIND ANY OTHER INFO ON THEM.

MOST OF MY MCCONE RELATIVES STILL LIVE AROUND CROSSETT, MONTICELLO, DERMOTT, PINE BLUFF, AND LITTLE ROCK , ARK.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CAROLYN LLOYD 7 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
arroyo43 27 Jun 2007 12:46PM GMT 
mollymax2133 2 Jan 2013 4:03PM GMT 
cshlloyd2 2 May 2013 6:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions