Search for content in message boards

Jane Fincher - born abt 1937

Replies: 0

Jane Fincher - born abt 1937

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fincher
I just found something in the 1940 Census that has me perplexed.

My grandparents, Henry H. and Jewell Fincher are listed living in Beat 2, Leflore County, Mississippi in 1940. Also listed is a little girl named Jane, age 3. The census states that Jane was born in Mississippi, but gives no additional information. My grandmother was apparently the respondent and said that Jane was a daughter, of the head of household, I suppose.

My mother, Edna Lynn, was born in 1945. She was always told that she was the first child. No Jane was ever mentioned. My grandparents are long deceased, but my great aunt, grandmother's sister, is still living and says that my grandparents did not have a child named Jane. She was close to them, but did not live nearby.

My mother has no memory of an older child in the household, so Jane was gone by the time my mother has memories.

So, who was Jane? Was she the daughter of a friend that was living with my grandparents for some reason? Wonder how I would figure this out?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions