Search for content in message boards

John A, Edmond, Edward or William Eledge Information PLEASE READ

Replies: 2

John A, Edmond, Edward or William Eledge Information PLEASE READ

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Sep 2012 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Eledge, Elledge, McBryan, McBryant
Ok guys I have been reading on how to get past a brick wall and have learned some new things. I unfortunately am unable to travel to the area right now at this point so going to throw a few ideas out there and see if we get any hits this way. Once again if anyone would have any information please share you can email me at eledget@gmail.com or treworkathome@gmail.com

So here we go.

We have Absolem Eledge marrying Mary McBryan on March 7, 1844. They had the following Children

William Riley b. 1846 in Missouri
Edmond R b. 1849 in Missouri
Mary J. b. 1852 in Missouri
Nancy A. b. 1854 in Missouri
John Richard b. 1856 in Missouri
Elizabeth C b. 1859 in Kansas
Emma E. b. 1864 in Kansas

If you would go by the naming conventions most used this is how Absolem and Mary's Tree would look

Absolem would actually be "John Absolem" (3rd male child named after father)
Mary would actually be "Mary Elizabeth or Elizabeth Mary" (3rd female named after mother)
Absolem's Parents would be "William" (1st male named after father's father)and "Nancy" (2nd female named after father's mother)
Mary's Parents would be "Edmond" (2nd male named after mother's father) and "Mary" (1st female named after mother's mother)

Of Course this could all be mixed up and could be the opposite where Absolem's parents are Edmond and Mary and Mary's parents are William and Nancy. Which I think could be the case here. Census record's show that Mary could be the daughter of William Spencer McBryan and Nancy Hatcher, William Spencer and Nancy lived in the same area as Mary and Absolem in Andrew County Missouri. No proof as of yet to prove this theory. Please help me prove this.

What I am asking here is if anyone would happen to have an Edmond or Edward and Mary Eledge who could of had a son named John Absolem or John A in the records that migrated to Missouri from somewhere in the Indiana vacinity between 1840 and 1844 please please please contact me. You may also text me at 785-324-1961 with information. Also if anyone could verify that Mary was the child of William Spencer and Nancy I would love those records at well. I have checked every spelling of first and last names on census records, area records, and newspaper records and military records, none have given parents names for Absolem and Mary this is the main thing I am looking for, I am also looking for information on Edmond R, Nancy A, Elizabeth C, and Emma E these children I have no information for as well. Family Bibles, Letters, Pictures, anything will be of use at this point in the game.

Please contact me again at eledget@gmail, treworkathome@gmail.com or text me at 785-324-1961 and I would be more than happy to share information.

This is really important to the remaining living great grandchildren to Absolem to find out this information before more of then pass away. Please help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
treworkathome 25 Sep 2012 3:50AM GMT 
thomasker2 25 Sep 2012 9:38PM GMT 
treworkathome 26 Sep 2012 1:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions