Search for content in message boards

Need help in Rockport, Atchison County, Missouri

Replies: 16

Need help in Rockport, Atchison County, Missouri

Brenda Huddleston (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2005 9:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jennings, Smith, Howard, Andrews, Hayes, Waits, Settles, McVay's, McCools
These are probably questions for long time residents of Rock Port, Missouri. Does anyone know what happen to the Bartholomew Mortuary records? I am trying to find the funeral home record of my grandmother. Also does anyone know what happen to the plot records of Elmwood Cemetery in Rock Port. Their were several families over the years who took care of the cemetery. Their was a family several years ago who knew my family well that took care of the cemetery and new where our ancestors were buried. I can't remember the name of the family but I think Linval's were one. Maybe Campbell's I can't recall what family members told me in the past. I am looking to place some name markers on the graves, but the plott records are gone and we do not know where the family members are buried. At one time some of the family members had tombstones but I guess years ago that cemetery was vandalized. I know now they put a fence around the place, but many tombstones are gone out of that cemetery. The people who took care of the cemetery were friends of my grandfather Cecil Harvey Jennings who has passed away. Another question for members who have lived there a long time. Hazel Jennings was married three times. Her first husband was John W. Scott of Tarkio they were married April 25, 1927 I believe and divorced August of 1930. He abandoned her. She took back her maiden name of Hazel Jennings, she then married another man. We cannot find who this person is. I think his name may have been Robert my dad was named after one of her husbands. The other husband she was married to was Roy Benjamin Bailey who was her partner till his death in a work accident. She then remained a widow the rest of her life. She is buried with her husband. We would like to know the second husbands name. Anyone who has information on any Jennings, Howard, Hayes, Waits, Settles, Andrews, Smith, McVays, McCools in Rockport, Atchison County, MIssouri please let me know. Any help with Bartholomew records or Elmwood Cemetery plot records would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Brenda Huddleston 28 Jan 2005 4:06PM GMT 
eawd47 29 Jan 2005 9:37PM GMT 
Brenda Huddleston 30 Jan 2005 1:01AM GMT 
hudpeck 17 Jul 2012 7:04AM GMT 
JMAckerley 23 Jun 2005 9:07PM GMT 
Brenda Huddleston 24 Jun 2005 9:37PM GMT 
JMAckerley 24 Jun 2005 10:33PM GMT 
genanne110 16 Jul 2012 5:13PM GMT 
hudpeck 17 Jul 2012 7:01AM GMT 
hudpeck 17 Jul 2012 7:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions