Search for content in message boards

Thomas J. Stapleton

Replies: 4

Thomas J. Stapleton

Posted: 2 Apr 2010 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stapleton, McQuirter, Fairchild
I am looking for Thomas J. Stapleton who was married in Barry County, MO.
The only information I have on him is his marriage certificate. He married Mary Elizabeth Fairchild on November 25th, 1888 in Seligman, MO. According to the marriage certificate, he was over the age of twenty one at the time. They had two twins, Claude and Clyde, in 1889. By 1900 they are living with Mary's mother in Pueblo, Colorado without Mary or Thomas. (Claude is my great great grandfather.)
I found Mary remarried and not dying until 1944 in Los Angeles, California so she she didn't die in childbirth like I originally thought.
I have a possible Thomas J. Stapleton whose parents would've been Margaret J. McQuirter and Jefferson Stapleton but I have no way to prove it. He fits the age but after the 1880 Census, I can't find him again. I can't find his birth or death certificates either.
My instincts tell me that he must've died somewhere between the time the twins were born and the 1900 Census. I can't be sure though obviously. My other inclination is that Thomas was born in another country and goes back after leaving Mary but again... I haven't got anything.

I'm at a dead end and I don't know what to do. Anyone have any suggestions or information that could help me?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kstapleton152 2 Apr 2010 6:18AM GMT 
thomasker2 10 Apr 2010 3:18PM GMT 
kstapleton152 11 Apr 2010 1:13AM GMT 
donnerju29 23 Mar 2013 3:20AM GMT 
thomasker2 23 Mar 2013 12:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic