Search for content in message boards

Alfred Henbest

Replies: 1

Alfred Henbest

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 4:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henbest, Meador, Pearce
Alfred Henbest was my Grandfather. He was born in Marshall Ill on 17 May 1862 and died in Fayetteville Arkansas on 6 August 1940. He married Joanna Meador in 1886 in South West Missouri. My mother, Lucille Henbest was one of their 11 children. She was born in Cassville Missouri in 1906. They moved to Fayetteville Arkansas in 1919. Mom married my dad, Hubert Pearce, in 1938.

One of Mom’s sisters and brothers did a lot of work gathering the Henbest lineage, but I don’t have many of their source documents. The data I have says that Alfred’s parents were William Henbest 1793 - 1839 and Sophia Henbest 1792 - 1874 who was born in England. However, some of my data says that William’s name was Martin Luther Henbest, but I don’t have any records supporting that.

Another unknown is Alfred’s middle name. I have heard that it was Ginsel, but I don’t have any good source for that. Does anyone have any data on that??

I have lots of my Pearce, Henbest, and Meador data in my Family Tree Maker file that I will be glad to share.

I’m wondering if you have any good reference documents on William Henbest and Sophia Henbest as well as their ancestors?

I’ll be glad to share anything I have.

pearceww@rmi.net

Warren Pearce
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pearceww 6 Aug 2013 10:45PM GMT 
bobeddings 14 Sep 2013 2:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions