Search for content in message boards

Help please, John Jasper Ramey. who was his wife?

Replies: 1

Help please, John Jasper Ramey. who was his wife?

Posted: 16 Jun 2014 2:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ramey
I have a John Jasper Ramey who was born in Kentucky, lived in Indiana and ended up in Bates County, Missouri. There he died:

RAMEY, John Jasper
The Adrian Journal, July 8, 1898, pg 1, col 3., Submitted by John Chapman, Austin, Texas
GONE TO HIS REST - Died, at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Chapman, July 2nd, 1898, John J. Ramey, aged 57 years, 3 months and 11 days. Deceased was born in Kentucky March 21st, 1841, and came to Missouri in 1879, locating in Bates county. His life here has always been honorable and upright in all his dealings. In 1887 he made a profession of religion and united with the U. B. church, and has since lived a consistent Christian life, enjoying the respect and esteem of all who knew him. For five years he had been a constant sufferer, but he bore his sufferings with unusual
fortitude. Six children survive to mourn the loss of a kind and indulgent father, and in this their affliction they have the sympathy of the community. Funeral services were held from the Deer Creek chapel on Sunday conducted by Rev. D. L. Burger. The large number who attended the services attested the high esteem in which deceased was held by his neighbors and friends. Undertaker Kidwell had charge of the funeral arrangements.

In his kids marriage an death certs it states his wife was M. K. Ramey. In one obit for their daughter Lula, it states her first name was Sarah. I also found info that her first name could have been Mahalia, or Mahaila. I show she married a Theodore Morrison in 1911 in Bates County, but once again she is Mrs. M.K. Ramey. Her husband had passed in 1898.
There is a tree that shows her maiden name could have been SHUSTER. I cannot locate Mr and Mrs Morrison after their marriage.
I have gone through as much info as I can find....help please!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sandymcclay 16 Jun 2014 8:29AM GMT 
judyartley261... 27 Jul 2014 9:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions