Search for content in message boards

Jack and Dora Pettit

Replies: 0

Jack and Dora Pettit

Posted: 12 Aug 2013 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mamie BLACKSTONE born 28 may 1880 in Birmingham Alabama married to Willard Leon EUBANKS about 1903 (where?)
two children: Dora R EUBANKS b 1904 Muskogee , Muskogee Co., Oklahoma
married to Jack PETTIT ca 1924
and Ruth Elizabeth EUBANKS b 14 Apr 1908 Muskogee , Muskogee Co., Oklahoma married Clyde Walter WESTFALL ca 1930
Mamie died 10 dec 1959 in Columbia, Boone Co Mo ( daughter Dora residing there then afterward they move to Oklahoma City for a while ) Mamie's death certificate names her parents as Daniel BLACKSTONE and Dora HUBBARD. I cannot locate Daniel and Dora anywhere.Birmingham was a hopping place in 1880 too! It is said in family lore that Mamie was at least part Cherokee. I wondered if she met her husband at Haskell Indian school as he was from Lawrence Kansas.( census says she had no education perhaps her parents taught there? ) ( He is in Thayer Co Nebraska in 1900 however) There is one Blackstone family in Muscogee in 1900 in the cherokee lands and one family in the Creek lands. I find it significant that the two girls are born in the Native "Capital" of Oklahoma at a time when much was happening there. Oklahoma was not a state until 1907.
Dora likely died in 1889 in Boone Co Mo. She had 3 sons: Robert, Jack Junior and James. I hope to find out more of the family lore and history and perhaps photos.Did Mamie have siblings? How did she meet her husband? Fascinating!!!

Find a board about a specific topic