Search for content in message boards

Absalom Elledge born 1822

Replies: 1

Absalom Elledge born 1822

Posted: 24 Mar 2014 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Tammy Eledge and I am researching my ancestor Absolom Eledge.

I am attempting to locate the parentage for Mr. Absolom Elledge. He married Mary McBryan March 7, 1844 in Andrew County Missouri.

I have not found any other Elledge's in Andrew County or Surrounding Counties from 1844 to 1850.

On the 1840 census there was an A.G. Elledge and Tarlton Elledge in Jackson County Missouri which is only a few counties away. Later in 1880 there is a John B. Elledge and his son William B. Elledge in Doniphan County Kansas where Absolom and his family lived frequently from 1850 to 1870.

I have found newspaper articles about Absolom, his civil war records, census records from 1850 to 1870 and his marriage record. The only one that gives a hint on parentage is the 1870 census, it states that his mother was of foreign birth.

According to census records Absolom was born in Indiana about 1822. I realize we aren't going to get much more from census records before the 1850 census, but I am looking for anybody that would happen to know anything at all about this family.

Can anyone help with this mystery? We were told by grandparents who are no longer with us that we were related to the Elledge / Boone line. As far as I can tell this line has been fairly well documented but I am asking if anyone has any information.

Please respond to the mailing list or my personal email at eledget@gmail.com.

Thank you in advance for the help!!!

The following are spellings and documents that are associated with those spellings:

Absolam Eledge - Missouri Marriage Records 1805-2002
Abrohun Eledge - 1850 Federal Census - Andrew County Missouri
Absalom Eldridge - 1860 Federal Census - Andrew County Missouri
Absolom Elledge - American Civil War Regiments
Absalom Eledge - American Civil War Soldiers
Absalom Eledge - U.S. Civil War Soldiers 1861-1865
Absolom Eledge - Civil War Power of Attorney (has his actual signature)
Absolem Eledge - Kansas State Census 1855-1925
Absalon Eledge - U.S. Fed Census Non-Population Schedules 1850-1880
Absalm Elidge - Kansas Compiled Census 1850-1890
Abs Eldridge - Kansas State Census 1855-1925
Absolom Elledge - 1870 Federal Census - Andrew County Missouri
Absalom Eledge - Newspaper Articles

As you can tell there are many spellings. According to census records he was unable to read or write. Although he did sign a power of attorney paper when in the civil war. I am still looking for connections under the Eledge / Elledge spellings but have almost exhausted them all, so I am going on to other known spellings.

Do you have anyone in your research that would correspond with my Absolom?

Thanks,
Tammy Eledge
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tammy Eledge 25 Mar 2014 1:28AM GMT 
thomasker2 16 Apr 2014 6:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions