Search for content in message boards

Marriage of Angellette (May) Lemmon to Jesse M. Hale (St. Jo, Buchanan, Missouri -- 27 August 1910

Replies: 2

Re: Marriage of Angellette (May) Lemmon to Jesse M. Hale (St. Jo, Buchanan, Missouri -- 27 August 1910

Posted: 11 Jun 2014 4:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. It is especially appreciated since you say that you are not related to this family.

In answer to the questions you posed:

Angellete Miserva May was born in Sandusky, Ohio in 1854. The absolute only thing I know about Jesse comes from the divorce information and the missori marriage record from Livingston county.

The marriage took place 27 August 1910 (after the 1910 census was completedL. The diverce was finaled in 1917. There were no children born to this marriage. I searched the 1910 census for Jesse on the chance that he was obviously in Missouri when they were married in August and possibly there earlier in the year. I did find a Jesse M Hale who was 17 (the marriage license puts his age at over 21 but people have been known to bend the truth). Unfortunately this Jesse is also listed as a daughter, but census enumerators have been known to misrecord gender on occasion.

Following up on this Jesse to make certain of age and gender I was unable to find the family in 1900 (parents were shown in 1910 as John and Cora, married only once, both born in Missouri and all children born there as well)

I have not been able to find draft, enlistment, kia, or death records for Jesse. But I have not had an opportunity to do "feet on the ground" at the national archives to date.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond and offer your suggestions. It is always good to have input from another set of eyes and additonal brainpower when confronting a wall!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hallsangel 26 Apr 2014 4:13PM GMT 
thomasker2 11 Jun 2014 8:25PM GMT 
hallsangel 11 Jun 2014 10:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic