Search for content in message boards

Do you need obits???

Replies: 15

Re: Do you need obits???

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore
Hello, I saw that you posted that you are a g-grandson to a John Moore.
I am descended from a Moore family from SE Missouri and my Brick wall is John Moore... probably a generation or so back than your John Moore would be. but in the endless search for family information I am making this inquiry My Father was Bernie Lloyd Moore and was born in Bernie Missouri on Feb 26, 1909. His father was Harry Moore, born in Indiana about 1860 to William Henry Moore (apparently called Henry) and Elizabeth Ann Clayton., who were born in 1837 , I know WH was born in Ohio but Elizabeth may have been born in Virginia. William Henry was the son of JOHN Moore and Susanna Lowery. John was born (we believe) in 1796 in Pennsylvania. Susanna was born in 1806. They married in JAn 1827 in Zanesville Ohio or Muskingum Ohio, There is a possibility that Susanna's last name may have also been Mauser and that John may also have been married to a Jane Nelson. The only thing I am sure of is that John and Susanna were in several federal census and that the 1796 and 1806 birthdates fit the census info. they lived in Ohio but they have moved to Missouri after 1850 , they had 7 children, the boys were Abraham, William Henry and John Hestein. I know that both William and John had sons named John and haven't much info on hand re: Abraham. If this sounds like anyone you know or have heard of please contact me. I have been looking for this Ancestor for a zillion years! I know that some of my Dads Uncles and brothers stayed In Missouri and some of them , mainly the younger kids, (born after 1909) moved to the west coast and that John Hestein and Lucy Clayton moved to Oregon about 1900 give or take 10 years (HAHA)
I have names of Dad's Uncles and his brothers if more info would be the determining factor, Grandpa Harry was married to Casadie Edmundson 2nd to Nora Casey Porch. They lived in Butler and Wayne Counties. WIlliam Henry and Elizabeth who was called "Aunt Betty lived in Poplar Bluff
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ladynow321 8 Jan 2010 8:09PM GMT 
garylmaize 8 Jan 2010 8:59PM GMT 
joan moore 4 Jun 2012 1:42AM GMT 
gramshel 3 Feb 2013 9:56AM GMT 
garylmaize 8 Jan 2010 9:18PM GMT 
krisaubu 19 Nov 2012 2:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions