Search for content in message boards

Photos

Replies: 1

Re: Photos

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 9:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
The Poplar Bluff Railroad Museum in the old Frisco Depot has a lot of pictures of the area. Some of the Museum board members also have collections of photos from the area. The city is also renovating the Union Pacific Depot building. The Southeast MO University archives in Cape Girardeau also has a lot on the railroads in Southeast Missouri. Many of the other towns have some pictures in their old depot buildings that have been put to use as visitor's centers, etc. I have been working on getting photos together from the Poplar Bluff area, since one grandfather worked in the roundhouse for Missouri Pacific and the other was a clerk in the Frisco Depot. Several of the area historical groups also have picture collections including railroad depots and yards. I have lived in the area all my life, if you want, I can get some contact jnformation together for you for several of the towns in Ripley, Butler, Wayne, Bollinger, Stoddard, Cape Giradeau, and Mississippi Counties. My genealogy covers this area so I have been to several of the libraries and archives in the area. Let me know if I can be of help.
Sheila Mickey Porter
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tlcinc112460 23 Feb 2013 10:52PM GMT 
bsporter112 26 Feb 2013 4:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions