Search for content in message boards

Information request: Anna Johnson Dobbs Bristo & Joseph Bristo

Replies: 8

Information request: Anna Johnson Dobbs Bristo & Joseph Bristo

Posted: 1 May 2013 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Dobbs, Bristo, Spencer
Hi I'm trying to find information on my great-grandparents, Anna & Joseph Bristo.

Joseph Bristo may have been Anna's second husband. They had a child together named Lee in 1899, and Joseph left shortly afterward.

Anna raised Lee and another boy named Charles Dobbs, who was called his "half-brother." (I'm not sure of the nature of the connection. My family has always taken the relationship at face value, but since I can't find any records, I'm not certain what the relationship was.)

We do know that Johnson (Johnsen?) was Anna's maiden name. So far, I have not found any records for her.

Joseph's fate is unknown after he left Anna.

Anna was killed in a hunting accident in approximately 1905. I have been unable to find a death certificate (on the Missouri SOS website) for her or any other record of her life. I would imagine that her death was news, but I do not have access to any archives that would allow me to search for that information.

Lee lived with Arvil & Mandy Spencer in 1920 in Butler County, in Ash Hill Township, so I've been working from the assumption that he hadn't moved too far away from his birthplace. Charles Dobbs apparently married into the Spencer family, but he was not listed in the 1920 census of the household.

Lee always spelled his name "Bristo," but it's possible a spelling error was introduced in his lifetime.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I've reached a dead end on this branch of my family, and it's only 100 years old, so that's bothering me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rose_Daughter 1 May 2013 11:33PM GMT 
BORN_TO_DIE 2 May 2013 3:59AM GMT 
Rose_Daughter 7 May 2013 1:36AM GMT 
thomasker2 8 May 2013 3:30PM GMT 
Rose_Daughter 8 May 2013 3:42PM GMT 
thomasker2 8 May 2013 3:57PM GMT 
Rose_Daughter 20 May 2013 11:24PM GMT 
thomasker2 21 May 2013 11:25AM GMT 
Rose_Daughter 21 May 2013 6:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions