Search for content in message boards

Cat's Eye Tavern/Dancehall in Butler Co., MO

Replies: 0

Cat's Eye Tavern/Dancehall in Butler Co., MO

Posted: 8 Nov 2013 8:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on a Tavern/Dance-hall called The Cat's Eye. It was supposedly located between Qulin and Poplar Bluff in Butler Co., MO. I read in a small article that it was listed in, that said it was located a little south of the Hargrove Bridge.
Jim Mathis of Mathis and Associates Engineering firm of Poplar Bluff recently wrote that the bridge served “as a local traffic carrier, and more importantly as a regional landmark, diving board, fishing hole, meeting place and lovers’ backdrop for several generations. Engineering students and curiosity seekers visited the site to marvel at the unique structure.”
Hargrove Bridge was selected for the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
According to family, The cat's Eye Tavern was owned at one time by my great, great Aunt, Miley Earp Williamson Burrows. This was probably in the late thirties or forties. I would appreciate any information good or bad on it and/or her.
Thanks a lot.
Charlotte McClain Christensen

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions