Search for content in message boards

Blackman - Cherry marriage record

Replies: 2

Re: Blackman - Cherry marriage record

Posted: 2 May 2014 6:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blackman, Owen, Cherry, McDaniel, Oxley, Smalley
I should have included more information with my query. James S. Blackman, who married Elizabeth Cherry, was born in Sussex County, England, in 1824. His parents were James and Anne Blackman. James and Anne and at least two of their children left England in about 1830 and moved to Canada. I don't know where in Canada. The other child was my great great grandfather, George Joseph Blackman, born in 1822 in Sussex, England, and, like his brother James, was christened at Arundel, Sussex County. Anne died in Canada sometime in the 1830s. James Blackman and his two sons, (and perhaps other family members), moved to Buchanan County, Missouri, by 1840 when the census was taken there. The Blackmans were associated in some way with Dr. William Mitchell "Mitch" Owen who was also in Buchanan County in 1840, enumerated next to James Blackman. By 1845 George J. Blackman was in northeast Texas and has been found in records in Red River County and Titus County there. Dr. Owen also moved to Titus County. The Blackman and Owen families eventually moved to Round Rock, Williamson County, Texas. James, the father, died in January 1870 at the age of 86. James S., the son, after his wife Elizabeth died in 1886, married Susan McDaniel in 1887. James S. Blackman died in 1903 in or near Andice, Williamson County, Texas, and was buried in the Andice Cemetery. His brother, George Joseph Blackman, married Cyntha Ellen Oxley, daughter of Enoch Oxley and Elizabeth Smalley Oxley, in 1855. He died in 1902 in Williamson County, Texas, and was buried in Hutto Cemetery, Hutto, Williamson County, Texas.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hmartinsoward... 23 Apr 2014 7:35PM GMT 
PYount 1 May 2014 4:02AM GMT 
hmartinsoward... 3 May 2014 12:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic