Search for content in message boards

John C. Webb 1770 S.C.-d. 1836 Cape Girardeau, MO

Replies: 2

Re: John C. Webb 1770 S.C.-d. 1836 Cape Girardeau, MO

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 5:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Webb, Ramsey
Hi Clete,

You have indeed made my day. Thanks so much for taking the time to help. It's definitey given me some direction, and areas to check out. I was sure that John C. Webb had more children/relatives than the ones I had listed, so now I have those avenues to explore. I was hoping that my Isaac Webb 1802 VA was one of his sons. My Isaac and John C. were the only Webbs in the 1830 census in St. Francois, MO. There's always the chance that Isaac was a son, but was disinherited!

I still do not know how I connect to John C. Webb, but I do know that his DNA matches my Webbs' DNA, as well as some PA Webbs' DNA.

I have checked the census records and the MO death certificates in Cape Girardeau, Stoddard and most of the surrounding counties. These are really great resources. The Wiley Web you mentioned is my Wiley J. Webb in all of those census records you listed -and 1840 census too. The Willey J. Webb b. 1866 in Stoddard, I believe, is the son of William Marion Webb b. 1840, who is the son of Willis R. Webb b. 1805 who is the son of John C. Webb b. 1770. This family is loaded with Williams, and Wiley/Willey/Willies.

I have a hunch that this probate abstract you sent will really open up a lot of doors. And I definitely will contact the kind folks at CGCGS, and probably buy a book or two.

By the way, I've only known of one other Clete besides you, and that is my late Uncle Cletus(Clete)Ray Webb. Interesting world.

Thanks again for your help and good luck with your Ramsey mystery men. I will keep the Ramsey name in mind as I continue my search.

Laura
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lmccabe17 12 Dec 2012 10:06PM GMT 
Clete_Ramsey 13 Dec 2012 11:03PM GMT 
lmccabe17 15 Dec 2012 12:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions